Friday, September 24, 2010

Proud to be Indonesian.. At least try to... (Pt2)

Proud to be Indonesian.. At least try to... (Pt2)

by Quincy Theodore on Saturday, September 4, 2010 at 7:39pm

So what if you try your hardest, but your surrounding never change? Well find better surrounding. Hey I said "proud to be Indonesian" it doesn't mean you have to live in Indonesia. (Cool pic inside. No, not my drawing) Sometimes one can do more. inspire more regardless of where they live. You have to be the change you desire. I'll show you what I mean.

Err my drawing http://vividobscura.deviantart.com/art/Guilty-Gear-Baiken-177997323?q=sort%3Atime+gallery%3Avividobscura&qo=0

Guilty Gear art is so weird.. That's why I like them..

Pop quiz: Hot chick with nice ass.. but scarred and has a claw for arm? Will you hit that? ^^

So is there any Indonesian out there who is successful abroad, then come back and inspire Indonesian? Well there is one I can think of..

Anggun. Never a name been more befitting.

So why can't all Indonesian be like her.. In national patriotic kinda way, nor pervert kinda way.. I know you guys too well. Why do we (them) care so much about silly matters? Banning Miyabi to Indonesia, Church vs mosque, celebrity scandalous tape etc? There are so many things that need to be done. Economy, crime rate, poverty. When is this nation going to sort its shit?

I know it's very hard to be proud of Indonesia right now, but the fact is you are here now, you have to deal with it. Even you manage to escape to other countries, most of your family and friend are here, more importantly you were born here. That will not change. If you believe God / Karma / Destiny / Universe's will etc, believe that you are put here for a reason.. No, not to escape, but be better and inspire others around you.

Best pencil art I've ever seen.. Yes, it's Indonesian artist
http://toniart57.deviantart.com/art/Take-A-Pray-87068156?q=&qo=

Btw have you ever see "Indonesia Mencari Bakat"? I thought it was a rip-off of "America Got Talent". It kinda is actually.. But the point is some many talented Indonesians out there. I see America Got Talent Season 2 and I can honestly say IMB is better. It seriously diversed, two face, seriosa singer, child drummer / dancer etc. Many of them use Indonesia culture and bring something palatable to wide audience. It's a step toward the right direction. Oh and I think it'll be Hudson or Putri Ayu ^^

I'm proud of my fellow Indonesian can do. I'm proud what Indonesia can (should) become. But to be proud at current Indonesia? Not really.. Hey in case you didn't notice, this note is in English.. But at least I'm trying to..

Indonesian children....

No comments:

Post a Comment