Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Best Director.. Imo..

Slight improvement.. But still not good enough. I'm not too confident about my coloring. I found a couple of tips and I'm more used to using photoshop. Next time should be better. Hmm maybe I should thank certain bear for CS5, it's more efficient I think.. Hmm maybe not.. I never get BlazBlue / Guilty Gear art, they are odd.. They seem off somehow..

Coloring is more tiring, the sketch was done in 1 hour, the coloring was almost a day... sigh -_-".. it's full body so it's expected. I'm concern about the belt. When I did Sando, I somehow managed to drew her buckles, strapes and cape which are more complex than these two simple belts, but the beltss don't come out as good.. Gahhh!! SLAP! STAB!!! DIES......

Next one will be err.... Ashe from FF12 or Sando again


From this image..


So best directors.. It's purely my own choice so there are a lot more talented directors out there..

6. J.J.Abrams

My favorite movies from him are Mission Impossible 3, Star Trek, Cloverfield, Armageddon and TV show Lost. This guy is action sci-fi champ, many of his movies has certain realistic feel. His color palette is bright but not too over vibrant. His pace is fast and doesn't dwell on single character even though he has worked with numerous talented actors. One of the more revolutionary movie is Cloverfield, shot entirely on first person view, emphasis on immersion and aforementioned realistic feel. He shows that he doesn't always rely on C.G and capable on directing more drama although still has sci-fi television show, Lost.

Are you.... Lost..? They say it's on Indonesia


5. Zack Snyder

My favorite movies are 300 and Dawn of The Dead. This guy is versatile, his first movie was Dawn of The Dead, one of the best horror movie. It's very different than most scare-fest, because the characters and simple concept of trapped in a mall with zombies. Zombies is one of the most used concept ever, but a brilliant director can re-told a story so well that it becomes fresh again. His second movie is 300. A very different approach from Dawn, he used almost all CG but the simple concept remains. In near future I'm sure there will be more from him.

Grrroar.. After this I'll play multiple chick drama movies... Groooarrr


4. Quentin Tarantino

No, not because he stole my name... My favorite movies are Kill Bill, Inglorious Basterds, Sin City (guest director). Hmm how to describe him, he's weird. He has certain anime influence on his works. Kill Bill blatantly uses anime mid-way. Inglorious uses chapter and comic book approach. He got the violence category down. The dialogue on his works are engaging and the characters are over-the-top. I don't know he just seems.. right..

We'll do one thang and one thang only...


Others coming soon.. This note is short. FB screwed me, lag and error.. I lost interest and time..

No comments:

Post a Comment